Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing address on file for CAF

MikeB_CPA
Level 5

Within the past 6 months I moved and updated my address with IRS through e-services, and I registered the new address with Intuit to match my EFIN registration.  Does anyone know if updating the address through IRS e-services will also update the address has on file associated with my CAF?  The last POA I filed under my CAF was for the previous address.

If a separate process is necessary in order to update the address associated with my CAF, can someone please provide some direction?  I can not find a thing, other than the address will be changed to reflect the latest filed POA...which is under my old address! 😂

Many thanks.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Have you tried calling the Practitioner Priority Services (PPS) at 866-860-4259

to see if they can give you some guidance over the phone?

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

Have you tried calling the Practitioner Priority Services (PPS) at 866-860-4259

to see if they can give you some guidance over the phone?

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

I'm not sure but maybe send a letter or fax to the IRS office or location that originally issued the CAF to you.

George4Tacks
Level 15

It is amazing what Professor Google can look up for you

https://www.irs.gov/tax-professionals/tax-pro-account#:~:text=verify%20your%20identity.-,CAF%20addre....

CAF Address

The address you enter in Tax Pro Account must match what’s on the CAF file at the IRS.

To update your CAF address, you can either:

• Sign and date a written notification of address change. Mail or fax it to the location where you filed the Form 2848 or Form 8821.
  • Submit an authorization with Form 2848 or 8821. On the form, mark the checkbox and enter the new address, phone or fax number.

Address information can't be updated in Tax Pro Account at this time.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

If you print your 2848's thru ProSeries, and your address is the updated address, then the next 2848 you file, just check that new address box in the CAF section.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
MikeB_CPA
Level 5

Thank you. I called but they did not know the answer.  They provided me a fax number to use for CAF related inquiries.  I sent to that fax, so fingers crossed the change will be made.  Appreciate the help.

MikeB_CPA
Level 5

Thank you.  The CAF was issued in 2002 and that office is no longer in operation.  Appreciate the thought just the same.

MikeB_CPA
Level 5

Thank you.  This would work easily if I were filing a new 2848, but I do not have a need to do that.  The issue is I have an open 2848 which was filed using the old address.  I faxed a letter to the CAP office with the request to change the address, so we will see what happens.  Appreciate the suggestion!