Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cares act deferral of ira income

geezer
Level 3

Sorry if this is a repeat but search results are just boolean to me. ~:-)

Where on the 1040 or schedules for 2021 do you input the 1/3 deferred IRA distributions postponed from 2020 to include it into this year's TI?

Is it a no brainer or a force square peg into round hole? Checked a bunch o' forms/schedules but no place I could find.

Client had a 1099R issuer in 2020 screw it up, refuse to correct, and had to force it through the program and then file a paper return because I couldn't correct the override to software's state of nirvana to allow e-file. Betcha the feds haven't even got to it yet ~:-o

Many happy returns,

steve t

0 Cheers
13 Comments 13
Accountant-Man
Level 13

Many posts here about Form 8915 F.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Which is not yet available for use in Pro Series.

Most of us are presuming that the amount from 2020 to be reported will not be automatically carried over (particularly if you have transferred your return from 2020 before the software is updated for the 8915-F) so you will need to be aware of which of your clients are affected.

geezer
Level 3

thanks jeff! your reply was very helpful 5 stars!

geezer
Level 3

A-Man, you are not on my A team.

see Mr. Jeff's reply.

you should switch levels with Mr. Jeff.

or become a lawyer.

they never answer a question directly.

yeah, I'm a blunt geezer. I ain't got 'nuff time left for pussyfooting around when someone plays hide the ego ball.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

“or become a lawyer”

I wonder if AM has ever thought about that profession.

You say you don’t have time for pussyfooting, but you do expect others to take the time to pussyfoot for you.  Sometimes folks can’t find the answer they are looking for and post here.  Others don’t take any time to try and help themselves.  Sometimes a quick Google search provides an answer quicker than waiting for a response here.  Sometimes pussyfooting for yourself isn’t so terrible.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

@geezer 

I doubt, seriously, that Daniel cares whether he is on your "A" team.

Humor is a great stress reliever (ask Jeff), but trying to jolly your way through not doing any research on your own, then picking on folks that bother to attempt to point you in the right direction ain't gonna fly here.

A SIMPLE search in this forum using 8915-F generates:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuati...

I assume your CPE has you up-2-date that F 8915-F is the proper reporting form?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
PATAX
Level 15

@abctax55 @IRonMaN @jeffmcpa2010 @Accountant-Man accountant man has helped many people on this forum including myself and I appreciate it. There is an old saying "don't bite the hand that feeds you"....Just my opinion.😉😀🐕

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

" pussyfooting around "

This is probably one of my all time favorite statements. I use this ALL the time!! 

PATAX
Level 15

@garman22 👍why am I not surprised?🦶🦶😄😉

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm surprised the spell checker doesn't change that.  But then again I believe the only potentially dirty word left in the spell checker is TurrrdoTaxxx.🤔

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN Does 🥔taxxxx smell like Sasquatch's armpit???.... I don't know I'm just asking ..... just joking...😉🤔😀

geezer
Level 3

I pussyfooted about for about 45 minutes. my **bleep** hit a dead end. I giggled, I used the help box in program. I don't give up easy. ergo, I went to y'all where I know people are willing to help. just like I always try to help others be it friends, clients or yes, even strangers. I am one of those wackos who still holds the door open for anyone behind me and always attempt to open the door for a lady, from 5 to 85. remember what happens when you assume, although sometimes me escapes donkeyism.

also, in my 70th revolution around the star, it just ain't as easy no more, no how. yup, I forget. did I use the 8915 last year? yup. first and only time. remember a year later? unlikely. 25 years ago I could give you the agi of many clients from a year or so past. or tell you 50 jokes non stop; many were, however, bad. you didn't rent space in my head so how you could conclude I was a slouch is your bad, ferrous dude.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

"I ain't got 'nuff time left for pussyfooting around"

Your words, not mine.  Nobody here minds helping folks, especially those that try to help themselves first, but nobody here has a masters degree in mind reading.  So if you don't tell us you tried and failed, we don't know that.  Stop in and visit once in awhile.  Poking your head in here to see what is going on from time to time can keep you up to date with any issues with the software or tax issues that someone may have had that might come in handy for you to know in your own practice. 

Slava Ukraini!