Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Sign In Offline in Proseries 2022

MobileTaxGuy
Level 3

Hello,

I am a mobile tax preparer.  I often go to rural locations without good internet access to prepare tax returns.  I absolutely need the ability to use ProSeries without an Internet connection.

In every version of ProSeries before 2022, when starting without the internet the dialog had a "Sign In Offline..." button which would allow me to sign on without being connected to the internet.

In ProSeries 2022 (both Basic and Professional) this button is missing, which means it is impossible to use the program without an internet connection.

PLEASE bring back the Sign In Offline button ASAP!!!  Mobile tax preparers like me are dead in the water until this critical function is restored!

Thank you.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Follow up on this thread for updates on using ProSeries offline: Can we sign in offline for TY22 ? 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Zepat
Level 1

Hello ,

I’ve signed up for cloud hosting with proseries. I’ve Been having a lot of issues either with connectivity and or failure to update !! The error code 022 is not even listed as part of the solution. I was told that if I’m hard wired to the modem or will solve the problem - ‘NO IT DID NOT”

I’m new to proseries and the cloud computing . Right Networks has been a problem even when I had signed up with Drake so I switch to Pro Series only to deal with more problems and errors .I’ve had a few IT people check it out - still no solution . Tax season is upon us and I still have not found a solution. Working remotely and meeting clients at site locations . Please provide me with a solution 

Thank You

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

They are aware of this issue and are supposedly working on it. Hopefully we hear something soon. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Theyre working on it, its a known issue.....can you use your phone as a Hotspot to get connected, then disconnect and continue to work?

FWIW I get the Sign in Offline window, but it just continuously tells me my login or password is wrong.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
hundotnet
Level 2

I am having the exact issue. Moreover, you cannot even use Proseries, if flying, while in Airport mode. 

Totally disgusting what is going on with this software.

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Follow up on this thread for updates on using ProSeries offline: Can we sign in offline for TY22 ? 

0 Cheers