Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot print KCMO city return needed for Kansas Other State Credit

taxpro2000
Level 3

Kansas residents who qualify for Other State Tax Credit (which includes KCMO earnings tax) are required to attach copies of the returns for which they are claiming a credit. For tax year 2023, KCMO returns must be efiled. However, if the correct 1% earnings tax is withheld by the employer, no return is required. In prior years, the return was completed, even if not needed for filing, to attach to the Kansas return, to maximize the Other State Tax Credit. In 2023, you can prepare the KCMO Form 108 within ProSeries, but it cannot be printed to attach to the Kansas return. Neither can the return be prepared online since no return is required. What are others doing to resolve this & allow taxpayers to get their full credit owed?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
taxpro2000
Level 3

I learned that, although I was doing scheduled updates, not all of my programs were updating fully. I also had to go to Update/Refresh Updates. Once I did this, I was able to print the returns - problem solved 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
taxpro2000
Level 3

I learned that, although I was doing scheduled updates, not all of my programs were updating fully. I also had to go to Update/Refresh Updates. Once I did this, I was able to print the returns - problem solved 🙂

0 Cheers