Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you change the back ground color of the previous years of proseries? If yes How?

anita1
Level 3

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
deb4
Level 3

It is supposed to be different color but I don't see a different color in my program.  I went to the 2020 program tools, options and checked show previous year color and I still don't see a different color

0 Cheers
Dafydd
Employee
Employee

You may have to close and restart ProSeries 2020 to see the background color for previous years. Also, be aware that if the file is locked, the background color will be the color of locked files (light gray) and won't change to previous year (light green).

0 Cheers
anita1
Level 3

I have the previous color uncheck in tools. And I have restarted proseries. But the color has not changed. This is important because I already changed 2 files, after I was thinking I was in 2021.

Any clues in how to do this. Can someone give me: step by step how to instructions to change previous year back ground color

0 Cheers
deb4
Level 3

When you make changes in the 2019 return that was previously filed the program would say proseries has detected the amounts calculated in the return have changed since the return has e-filed.  I did not realize how nice that was until they took it away in the 2020 program

0 Cheers
Dafydd
Employee
Employee

You need to make sure Show Previous Tax Year Color is check in 2020.  Then restart program.

ALSO, 

1. 2021 must be present.

2. File can't be locked (or you'll see gray background)

3. You need to be in Forms Mode rather than Quick Entry Mode. This is controlled by "Entry Mode" button towards the top of the program. There is no background color change in Quick Entry Mode.

Let us know if you still have problems, along with some more details, such as Pro vs. Basic, Network vs. StandAlone, and version.   See Help-About->Version. You are looking for a number like wPro.2020.21.00.14 (not necessarily this number! example only)

And anything else you think might be relevant or provide a clue.  We'd like to get this working for you, as it is a useful feature.

Also note that to prevent changes to 2020 files (or 2021 for that matter), you can lock the client file. Highlight a client in Homebase and go to Tools->Lock/Unlock Client Files

0 Cheers
deb4
Level 3

I am not seeing the different color in the previous year.  It is Proseries, stand alone, wpro2020-21.00.14

0 Cheers