Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the electronic funds withdrawal date be changed after the return is accepted by IRS?

Tomassa
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Why isn't it helpful?  If you scheduled the payment for tomorrow, you aren't going to stop it.  If you scheduled it for April 15th, you have time to cancel it.  But in any case somebody is going to have to get on the phone with the IRS and with everybody trying to do the same thing you are trying, those phone lines are going to be busy.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

Depends on the date it was scheduled for and depends on how long you are willing to wait on hold with the IRS.

Slava Ukraini!
meoleson
Level 5

The community has answered this question countless times if you care to look around a little bit.

0 Cheers
Tomassa
Level 2

Well gee thanks.

This is no help.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Why isn't it helpful?  If you scheduled the payment for tomorrow, you aren't going to stop it.  If you scheduled it for April 15th, you have time to cancel it.  But in any case somebody is going to have to get on the phone with the IRS and with everybody trying to do the same thing you are trying, those phone lines are going to be busy.

Slava Ukraini!
meoleson
Level 5

This question has been answered several times previously.  Just scroll through the pages and find a similar question and the answer will be there.  Sometimes it pays to read the previous community questions and you will get your answer sooner.

meoleson
Level 5

I guess I am an old dog that has done this too many years.  This is my 48th year of doing taxes and I take the time to read the questions in the community every day to see if something can further educate me or give me the information to help one of my clients.