Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't tell if returns transmitted or not?

Vols3827
Level 3

I had a billing issue and had a call with an accounting rep.  She had to give me a credit so that i woulnd't have to pay again, and then I electronically submitted in front of her and Sse said the audit report shows that i paid to file the return so that it was on it's way and transmitted successfully but that was 4 hours ago and both the federal and state say "Marked for EF".  She said it should shift from Marked for EF to Received by Intuit Soon.  But if they were really transmitted shouldn't they say transmitted and/or "Received by Intuit" if they were really on the way?

Or should i just not worry about it and wait?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vols3827
Level 3

I got it re filed via intuit technical support. Didn’t need to get anything re signed 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Maybe you authorized the payment but never transmitted the returns? Did you print out the 8879s for the client to sign? If it wasnt paid for you couldn't do that....try and convert/transmit the return...see what happens.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Vols3827
Level 3

the client signed the 8879 the first time then we filed with wrong SSN and it got rejected.  So then I fixed error and refilled via intuit support I converted and transmitted and it still says marked for EF.

0 Cheers
Vols3827
Level 3

I got it re filed via intuit technical support. Didn’t need to get anything re signed 

0 Cheers