Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can ProSeries (Prof'l) import multiple 1099-B's from different brokers?

LMK7
Level 1

When I tried importing several different brokerage 1099 B's the software replaces the initial import with the subsequent import (different firm).  Tech support suggested manually entering 2nd and 3rd firm's detail but even Turbo Tax can easily handle this simple task.  I was also expecting a separate 1099- B Wks to be created for each upload to validate the broker statements.  Suggestions?  Thanks.

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
dov717
Level 1

I too am having this problem in Proseries Basic 2023. It is unacceptable. Did you find a solution to your problem?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Part of the problem could be ProSeries 2023 really won't be out for another year.  But as a side note, you do realize that you can just enter 1099B totals for sales that report cost basis to the IRS so you don't need to import a pile of transactions?

Slava Ukraini!
LMK7
Level 1

That's true, but only if there aren't any wash sales or adjustments...then you're required to attach PDF or mailed copies of the detailed transactions.  If only a few items perhaps one can break those out and summarize the balance.  Would be nice if ProSeries could make this simple fix.  In addition one should be able to simultaneously upload the 1099 Int, Div & B data from the same brokerage document in one pass vs three as included with TurboTax.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.  

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

If PS can’t handle it, maybe buy a copy do tuurrrrbotax… it’s a whole lot less expensive. 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers