Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can clients complete an on-line version of the Tax Organizer or is hand-writing their answers the only option?

pc321
Level 3

A client wants me to send them a Tax Organizer they can complete online.  The client doesn't want to have to print out a hard-copy and hand-write their answers.  It appears to me this is not an option -- the pdf version of the Organizer doesn't allow the client to type in their responses; instead, the client has to print out the pdf and hand-write their answers.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

Don't believe PS has an electronic organizer you can use.  You could consider using Intuit Link by populating a series of questions but it is really not up to par for the job despite the marketing hype: (1) there is no option for conditional question so you can really only ask for general information (2) for the same reason, it will be impractical to replicate the tax data organizer in Link, and (3) tracking outstanding items in Link with multiple threads ongoing is now very difficult after Intuit took away the functionality last year to mark and lock completed items.

If you need an online or electronic organizer (which won't provide a feed to PS, unlike Lacerte's integrated product, which has its cons too), there are third party products you can subscribe to.

We develop our own electronic organizer, which customizes itself based on user responses to a simple questionnaire, using Excel and VBA but it takes time each year to have it updated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
itonewbie
Level 15

Don't believe PS has an electronic organizer you can use.  You could consider using Intuit Link by populating a series of questions but it is really not up to par for the job despite the marketing hype: (1) there is no option for conditional question so you can really only ask for general information (2) for the same reason, it will be impractical to replicate the tax data organizer in Link, and (3) tracking outstanding items in Link with multiple threads ongoing is now very difficult after Intuit took away the functionality last year to mark and lock completed items.

If you need an online or electronic organizer (which won't provide a feed to PS, unlike Lacerte's integrated product, which has its cons too), there are third party products you can subscribe to.

We develop our own electronic organizer, which customizes itself based on user responses to a simple questionnaire, using Excel and VBA but it takes time each year to have it updated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
If Client fills in your e-organizer, do you auto import?
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
I send PDF Organizer to Clients.  Occasionally, they will use (free) Adobe Reader Sign&Fill [on the right side] to add text, and then send back to me
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Adobe Sign&Fill will work, especially if your client is savvy enough to ask for an electronic version, although it's a bit arduous to add texts throughout the file without proper input fields.
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
Adobe is tedious on each end.  Does your Excel Organizer allow auto-import?
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
No, I wanted to build a bridge to proforma my organizers and feed the data back to PTO.  Unfortunately, that is not possible for PTO, at least at this time.
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
gammoncs
Level 3

I am looking for an annual client organizer to send out to my clients.  Do you allow others to use the organizer that you have developed?  In other words do you share your organizer?  Thanks.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Who are you asking to share the organizer, one of us tax professionals or Intuit/Proseries?    I suggest you call customer support.