Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C Corp owned by Chinese lady

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

Company sells Chinese goods on Amazon.. Giving a quote (I know, I don't need the work but I like to work)  anyway.. it is a C Corporation.  I don't think the sole shareholder has an SS #.  They already obtained an EIN and I saw the letter and it says Form 1120 on it as what is required.  Can you get an EIN without a SS#.?  In the software they ask for an officer's SS#.  Will I be able to get around that? 

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

You can get an EIN without a SS number, but you have to mail application in, and cannot get it on line. As far as getting around the program requirements ( try all 9s or 999-99-9988). may have to disable error checking to e-file

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

You can get an EIN without a SS number, but you have to mail application in, and cannot get it on line. As far as getting around the program requirements ( try all 9s or 999-99-9988). may have to disable error checking to e-file

PATAX
Level 15

Jim, I have not prepared form SS-4 in a while, but I checked my tax software. The form was revised December 2023. Line 7A: Name of responsible party. Line 7B: SSN, ITIN, OR EIN. Not sure about the answer to your last question.

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

Thanks Terry!

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

Speaking of Chinese goods, some of them are high quality goods.  This new client sells cookware and looks to be of high quality.  I buy on Amazon and some of those items that I buy of course come from China.  I recently found a site, (cat is out of the bad where I get my spiffy vests from now), temu.com

Every item that I have bought there is of high quality.  I am not shilling for this company just that it has been in the news and is competition for Amazon.   I don't use the temu app as I heard some information may being  gleemed from using the app but the website does not have that issue and I pay using paypal so they don't even have my credit card info.  Here is one of the nifty vests I recently bought.. looks like something Brooks Brothers would use.. the mail lady here likes to tell me that I look she likes my vests when I see her with the mail.  check this out.. 12 bucks.. and high quality 

https://www.temu.com/goods.html?_bg_fs=1&goods_id=601099514612132&_x_vst_scene=adg&_x_ads_sub_channe...

IRonMaN
Level 15

The pirate hat on that link would really go well with the vest.  I'm guessing you would be the only pirate tax preparer in OH 😜

Slava Ukraini!