Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business question - are you charging clients to help with EIP info ?

dkh
Level 15

I've spent too much time on these  EIPs already and expect I'll spend more than I care to guess in the next few weeks.   I feel obligated to help especially for my elderly clients.   

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

I am absolutely, positively sick of them.  Starting Monday my going rate on them is going to be $1201 per phone call.   Luckily our office building is locked up so I only have to do it by phone.  If I was doing it face to face I would be in prison by now because I'm sure I would have strangled at least a couple of dozen of them by now.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

What kind of help do we have to offer? 

SS recipients should be getting their money soon, everyone else can check the IRS Get My Payment website just as easy as we can.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

But I just got off the phone 15 minutes ago with a client that is "locked down in the Twin Cities" (his words) and "needed" to know what his AGI and balance due were since his tax returns are "back home".

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

I large portion of my clients are Amish - no computers - albeit many of the children have smartphones.    I have clients that don't understand they need to enter bank account info because they chose to receive a check rather than direct deposit. They're calling me asking why everyone they know has their money but not them.   Clients that know they need to enter bank account info that have themselves locked out...and on and on and on

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I guess Ive been fortunate...my sister has been the biggest pain so far  LOL   She was finally able to enter banking details this morning.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

One of my favorite (formerly...? ) clients is bugging me about his stimulus check.

His 2018 (filed in Oct 2019, on extension) return had bank acct info that was *wrong" due to fraud.  Yes, I should have caught it, but he should have too.  I have guilt; he is a small business owner (restaurant & catering in a resort setting) and is in major trouble, with no bail-out in sight for him.

He tried the IRS "where the hell is MY money" website.  He entered his CALIFORNIA AGI from his tax return.  That is on page 45 of his PDF of the return... just saying.

Seriously, exactly HOW much hand-holding are we 'required' to provide?  I'm going to order an new shingle to hang out that says "CPA & Baby Sitter"  

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
dkh
Level 15

Ding Ding Ding - we have a winner.   Client thinks the EIP will be direct deposited because his paychecks are direct deposited.    😵

IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, you certainly have a winner there.  But on the bright side, it's always nice to know that we aren't the only ones with not so bright clients.

Slava Ukraini!