Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability of Forms In Different Products

dtbsllc
Level 1

Why is schedule K-1 for form 1040 not available yet for e-file in ProSeries but is available in Lacerte? Both are Intuit products. Is this perhaps Intuit's way of differentiating the products to encourage upselling? It certainly creates a disadvantage for ProSeries users.  Imagine losing clients because your software is two weeks behind the tax preparer next door.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

They are completely different products, completely different programming.  Apples and oranges.  

I cant imagine having clients so unloyal that they'd leave me due to a form being delayed in February, that's a shame.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dtbsllc
Level 1

Lisa,

So apples to oranges that there is literally a comparison offered by Intuit.  Also, perhaps you cater to a different type of clientele.  That is okay.  We are all trying to manage with what we have and our own budgets.

GregRC
Level 1

It is absolutely a disadvantage.  Some clients want to file as early as possible.  Now I have to say the K-1 form is not available until February 21.   They have business friends who are saying, I already filed and received my refund. Intuit need to do better on this.