Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Renewal

rcooley25
Level 11

I hope I did not make a mistake but I just cancelled my auto renewal with pro series. After 53 years in the business (78 years old) I dont know if I will be preparing tax returns next year or if I will be using intuit. I want to renewal when I want to renewal and not when some one tells me to.

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
dascpa
Level 11

I think you should go fully Pay Per Return where they charge $4,100.00 for a $41.00 transaction.  

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

@rcooley25 

You got me beat - this was my 45th season (will be 67 this year). I'm down to about 60% of what I did 2 years ago, but I still enjoy it and I don't work very hard, and even if I quit completely I would still have to find a way to get 10 or so returns done, Mom, Trust, Kids etc.

For me based on the # of returns I do the "power tax lite" still makes sense for me, And when I get close I will drop the auto renew, the discount isn't big enough for me, if there is any question at all.

I do know that If I have to leave pro-series I will not be very happy. I have only had 2 tax programs since 1995, and the first was bought by Intuit. I know I don't want to learn a new one at this age.

So long as you have some fishing holes, golf courses, or something lined up to keep you busy  - Go for It and enjoy!

Jeff

IRonMaN
Level 15

You forget who you are dealing with.  You only think you cancelled auto renewal.  Time will tell if you really accomplished that.

Slava Ukraini!
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

LOL

Probably need to cancel the card too!

rcooley25
Level 11

I have been fortuante that my numbers hve not dropped. I did not want aut renewal because not only might I call it quits before next tax season if I do choose to continue I have not made up my mind if it will be with intuit. It problay will but I am not sure.

rcooley25
Level 11

Yes I will still have a few family members who will still want me to prepare their returns but since they are non paying customers I will most likely just go to office max and get a turbotax program which is what I started with when I first computerised my tax return business.

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

@rcooley25 Did you have to call to turn off the autorenew? I can't see how to do it online..

rcooley25
Level 11

I called in and then they sent me an email confirming that this had been done.

0 Cheers