Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are only NYS healthcare workers who have a HWB code in box 14 on the W2 eligible to file form IT225?

chiodoinc
Level 4

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
walnut123
Level 3

If it's not in box 14, then you cannot assume the T/P received the benefit.

This benefit of up to $1,500 was to be identified in box 14.

At the very least, you should ask the T/P to inquire with their employer

0 Cheers
chiodoinc
Level 4

Thank you so much.  I thought so but I had few clients insist they were eligible but the HWB was not in in box 14.  I appreciate your help.

0 Cheers
walnut123
Level 3

I had a nurse working in a hospital this year.  She knew nothing about the benefit.  But it was listed in very tiny print in box 14.

0 Cheers
chiodoinc
Level 4

Only a few of my clients have had the benefit in box 14 and I had to look it up to see how to proceed.  Al ot of my healthcare clients do not have the code but said they are eligible so I wanted to double check that it was not a universal benefit to all healthcare workers.  Payroll companies don't all report deductions the same way so it gets challenging.  I really appreciate your responses.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"but said they are eligible"

Their employer needs to submit and there are about 4 days left:

https://www.health.ny.gov/health_care/medicaid/providers/hwb_program/hwb_program_expansion_notice.ht...

And there was a small expansion for the type of worker that qualifies. The employer needs to take the action.

https://www.leadingageny.org/topics/workforce-issues-and-regulations/tools-and-resources/healthcare-...

"The HWB Program portal will be open for 30 days beginning Feb. 1, 2023 for this “Exception Submission” period. Members may recall that while the program was expanded to include some additional worker titles and provider types in November 2022, employers were instructed to wait to submit claims for those made eligible by the expansion until a special submission period was announced."

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
chiodoinc
Level 4

Thank you again for being so helpful

0 Cheers

ProSeries is rejecting using form 225 when using NYS 201 for a  client. So how do I record that the 1500 payment included in wages is tax exempt in NY State

0 Cheers