Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else not buying the latest answer from ProSeries on the 8879-C

cpa72
Level 3

So I have been wondering when ProSeries would remove the unprofessional watermark "Do Not File Form Not Ready" from the 8879 C.  While on about another issue, I asked a second time about this watermark.  Here is what i was told:

You don't print these forms out.  My response:  I need a client to sign it.  Every other return's 8879 prints without a watermark.  Response:  You have another option, which is the added on feature of esignature.

Makes no sense.   Now I am going to have to fill out the 8879 C manually using IRS.gov forms.

16 Comments 16
dkh
Level 15

@cpa72 wrote:

You don't print these forms out.  

Adds to my theory - no one programming or working support has any tax preparation experience.  Do they have no clue what we need, why we need it or when we need it

cpa72
Level 3

Here is my theory:  they want us to buy higher priced products or add ons.  The solution of using esignature is a money grab for them.  Its not a solution.  This is a basic form!

I also believe they want us to move to ProConnect which is their cloud based program - and more costly.

rcooley25
Level 11

I do not understnd why you are having this probloem. Form 8879 has printed all tax season for me without any watermarks

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

oops I misread . I did not see the letter C

0 Cheers
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

@cpa72 I'm not seeing a watermark being printed on the 8879C. You can confirm that you are on the latest version of the 1120 by going to the Help menu and selecting About ProSeries. On the Version tab you should see an entry for S2021US1120. That version should be at 2021.7.0.0.

cpa72
Level 3

Thanks.  I downloaded the updates this morning.  I have narrowed the issue down to the fact that I am using their hosting product.  My data is housed off site on a remote server.  I literally copied the data file down to a local drive and no watermark.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@cpa72 wrote:

Thanks.  I downloaded the updates this morning.  I have narrowed the issue down to the fact that I am using their hosting product. 

Yeah, while having the software hosted is hypothetically convenient, there seems to be more problems with it than there are benefits.

IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

@cpa72 There was an issue a few weeks ago for installs on Right Networks where 1120 forms were still showing as non-final when they had been finalized. It sounds like the issue was not resolved on your instance. If you reach out to Right Networks support, they should be able to get your forms to show as final. 

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IntuitAngela_13 wrote:

If you reach out to Right Networks support, they should be able to get your forms to show as final. 

Shaking my head.  She needs to reach out to the hosting environment to get the Intuit software to show up correctly?  That is really sad that Intuit would allow such a thing.

IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

@TaxGuyBill Unfortunately the hosting environment is pretty locked down, which prevents performing the usual steps in order to resolve an issue. Otherwise, I would gladly provide the steps to fix the issue.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I realize that, but the fact that Intuit recommends using such a problematic hosting environment is scary.

cpa72
Level 3

I went to the hosting environment to be able to work from anywhere without having to backup and restore data files as I have a laptop dedicated to traveling.  I can access remote from anywhere on any computer

I simply can not understand the Intuit position that I need to speak to RightNetworks.  Aren't I downloading the same updates as everyone everywhere??  Makes no logical sense.

Here is my solution.  Move away from the hosting environment (sorry intuit) and store my data files on the cloud (ie dropbox)

Consider it done!

her59
Level 2

I asked the support agent.  They have no tax preparation experience, only pregramming.  They do not understand that a form that does not get efiled will never be EF ready.

0 Cheers
her59
Level 2

I do not use the hosting environment and have the banner that says the 8879-C is not final and prints with the watermark ON EVERY PAGE of the return.  I am updated to version 2021.8.0.0.  Try again?

0 Cheers
cpa72
Level 3

You can try refreshing all updates.  If you go to the "update" dropdown it is the last option.  Another suggestion is to back up all data files, uninstall and reinstall the program.  I am not taking responsibility for loss of data, though.

0 Cheers
her59
Level 2

My "try again" wasn't directed at you as there is something wrong with the program.  I have updated, refreshed updates, repaired updates, reinstalled the program (which does not affect your data files).  I started having another problem with the program crashing, so I even uninstalled the net.framework and reinstalled it (per the instructions in prosys help.

0 Cheers