Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd stimulus

mayberryrfd
Level 3

Client was over income and didn't get the 3rd stimulus, if I enter 0 on the worksheet the program wants to give him the $1400, how can I fix this ?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Why are you filling out the worksheet?  On every return I have done this year where the taxpayer is over the limit, the worksheet does not activate as the program knows the client doesn't qualify.  In other words, the program does not need the info regarding stimulus received in calendar year 2021 as the program knows based on the 2021 AGI from amounts you entered into the the program that the client does not qualify for additional stimulus.  The worksheet only activates if the AGI entered into the program is below the qualifying threshold for stimulus, in which case you need to enter the amount received in calendar year 2021.

If you see the client's AGI is over the applicable limit, and you run a review and that worksheet is asking for info, I would run the updater and if you still have a problem, call customer service as your program isn't working.

View solution in original post

23 Comments 23
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

You don't.

The 2021 income is the reconciling year. If his 2021 income qualifies, he gets the stimulus payment.

mayberryrfd
Level 3

What if his income is over the limit also

0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 13

If his 2021 income is too high, then he won't get anything.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
mayberryrfd
Level 3

I know he won't get anything, but when I put a 0 on the worksheet the program gives him the $1400

0 Cheers
clr600
Level 8

Maybe some thing is wrong in the return or the client is under the income limit.

mayberryrfd
Level 3

I'm sorry guys, maybe i'm not making myself clear, he was over the limit in 20 and 21 and he did not get a 3rd stimulus, when I'm doing the rebate worksheet and enter 0, the program gives him the $1400,how can I get that eliminated

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

OK I am going to make some guesses here, as the actual information has not been presented yet.

So he is filing as single?

AGI over $75000 ?

Still getting the whole $1400 on Proseries?

mayberryrfd
Level 3

yes, yes and yes, should I just enter that he got the $1400, that would take the away

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

@mayberryrfd  - Single and no dependents?  What is his actual AGI?

Slava Ukraini!
mayberryrfd
Level 3

$89000 Jeff

0 Cheers

Why are you filling out the worksheet?  On every return I have done this year where the taxpayer is over the limit, the worksheet does not activate as the program knows the client doesn't qualify.  In other words, the program does not need the info regarding stimulus received in calendar year 2021 as the program knows based on the 2021 AGI from amounts you entered into the the program that the client does not qualify for additional stimulus.  The worksheet only activates if the AGI entered into the program is below the qualifying threshold for stimulus, in which case you need to enter the amount received in calendar year 2021.

If you see the client's AGI is over the applicable limit, and you run a review and that worksheet is asking for info, I would run the updater and if you still have a problem, call customer service as your program isn't working.

mayberryrfd
Level 3

I'm sorry guys, it was a stupid mistake, I was doing the RR before I put the income in, stupid me, thanks for all the responses

IRonMaN
Level 15

I was typing as you posted and I was just going to say it worked properly for me with that income limit on a dummy return.  Glad you figured it out.  And I'm glad that you didn't discover a new bug 😁

Slava Ukraini!
rbynaker
Level 13

We've all been there, done that!

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Hey buddy - Working too many hours including Sunday morning can to that to you.

Just have a big laugh at yourself  (and the hour of wasted time).

Glad you found it.

I've been there too.  It happens.  Best for the rest of tax season!

mayberryrfd
Level 3

Wow, thanks for all the support from the community, it makes me feel good, I can remember a few years ago if someone asked a question like that certain individuals would bite your head off

IRonMaN
Level 15

We are all getting old and toothless so you don’t have to worry about that anymore.

Slava Ukraini!
mayberryrfd
Level 3

Thanks Jeff

IRonMaN
Level 15

Anytime - nice to see you!   When you hang around here long enough seeing familiar names pop up feels like a family reunion - well at least a family reunion without any of those crazy uncles showing up.  Have a good tax season😁

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

"...without any of those crazy uncles showing up"

Jeff, I think I'd argue that point.  We have our share of "crazy" uncles 'round here.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
sewcpa
Level 5

I was very moved by IRMN 's offer about 10 years ago to throw a wake for my dead printer.

Others made suggestions of brands to replace the deceased - helpful. But receiving humor when stressed always is great.

IRonMaN
Level 15

No matter how bloody a return comes out, everybody leaves my office with a smile😉

Slava Ukraini!