Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Rescue Plan Updates For ProSeries Basic

wpadley
Level 2

I downloaded the update this morning and found there were no changes for the $10,200 tax exempt federal unemployment compensation or the nonrepayment of the premium tax credit (form 8962).  When will the update be done for ProSeries Basic?  Anybody else have this problem?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

13 Comments 13
DDANA
Level 3

Yes same exact issue! tried refresh update to no avail. Anyone contact Support about this?

Anyone have any luck with the repair Hub tool?

Very frustrating, I can make change manually on line 24 but wanted to use the update first...

taxladee
Level 3

Yes, I just did the same, updated and no changes!

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

They pushed the update back to this afternoon.

Slava Ukraini!
taxladee
Level 3

My question is why don't I have some of these repair functions under my homebase (tune-up) and tools (repair function). I am paying for the most expensive program they have and I cannot force a tune-up! Too many issues this year, finding myself much more frustrated than in the past years (27 to be exact)! Many of the changes this year are awful!!!! 

But I am using the cloud based program for the first time this year! Maybe that is the issue.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Sometimes it storms when it is cloudy.

Slava Ukraini!
taxladee
Level 3

LOL, you are full of one-liners! Thanks for making me snicker this morning!

IRonMaN
Level 15

When I can't help with the technical side, I at least try to get a smile out folks when I can.

Slava Ukraini!
Tony-In-Chicago
Level 2

This morning I was hoping to see an update with TurboTax’s Home & Business software, but it hasn’t happened yet.  These kinds of delays really make you think about your choices in software.  I hear H&R Block has updated their software already.

Has anybody here used H&R Block software?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Pretty much everybody here uses H&R Block software.

Slava Ukraini!
Tony-In-Chicago
Level 2

I’m wondering if a run out and buy purchase H&R Block software and redo my taxes will I be a will to file quicker this year?

It’s nice to know I can ask these questions here with so many H&R Block software experts!

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Tony - I was just kidding.  You wandered in to a site that is supposed to be for professional tax preparers using Intuit's professional tax software products.  You might want to check out the H&R Block website.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Tony-In-Chicago
Level 2

Wow, thanks for the heads up IronMaN…

I’m definitely lost deep in the woods because I am far from a tax expert. 

However, I did spend some time on the phone with TurboTax’s tech support team modifying line 24 only to return back an error message. I was unable to file electronically with this error message even though I was able to add a negative amount of -10,200. on line 8.

While on the phone she double checked and found out the update wasn’t released.  She suggested I could either mail this form, or wait for the update.

This being a professional group, I hope my personal experience helps everyone a little bit.

In a nutshell, even tech support can't help us…

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

The professional versions now have the updates, so I would think they would have their update by now.  I would back off your manual adjustment.

Slava Ukraini!