Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amended 2021 return

Diane99
Level 2

I am getting 4 error messages on my 2021 amended return, and they are all the same except for a # variation.   The error doesn't go to a particular box on the 1040X, so I can't find the source of the error.

"1040X: Ofrl2 is marked as estimated, please fill in correct # and select unmark estimated from the edit menu."

I keep going to line 2, 4b, 6 and 9 (which is not a line) deleting and unmarking as per the instructions.  Error does not go away.  

I want to e-file this amended return, not a paper copy that will never be processed.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive seen this before...did you have some Overrides on the return at one point but you already cleared them?  For some reason the program still remembers those overrides and continues to give this error (sloppy programming).  If youre confident the overrides have been removed, just uncheck the Error checking at Conversion and Efile it, it should go through fine.

To bypass error checking at conversion, you need to EF from the EFCenter, not from within the tax return.   Im at home and dont have Efiling set up here, so I cant give you a screen shot, maybe someone else can help you out if youre not familiar with that screen.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

are you using TurboTax or ProSeries? This is a forum for ProSeries.  Turbo Tax has their own community:

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive seen this before...did you have some Overrides on the return at one point but you already cleared them?  For some reason the program still remembers those overrides and continues to give this error (sloppy programming).  If youre confident the overrides have been removed, just uncheck the Error checking at Conversion and Efile it, it should go through fine.

To bypass error checking at conversion, you need to EF from the EFCenter, not from within the tax return.   Im at home and dont have Efiling set up here, so I cant give you a screen shot, maybe someone else can help you out if youre not familiar with that screen.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Diane99
Level 2

Problem solved with e-file without error checking.  Not a perfect solution, but a much better solution than paper filing of amended return.

THANKS

Diane99
Level 2

Pro Series user for 30+ years.

0 Cheers