Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 Amended Return

bmzanetti
Level 2

I was able to efile a 2021 Amended return on Monday.  I received an IRS reject needing PIN number.  I received the IRS PIN number and entered it, but now Proseries will not let me file it again the with the IRS PIN.  It says the Federal Return is not ready, but it is. 😞

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its a programming problem they havent been able to fix. 

Once an amended return gets rejected for some weird reason it stops recognizing it as an amended return and you cant resubmit it.  I fought one for weeks last year, I tried every trick I could think of short of redoing the entire return and saving it with a new name (it was just too complex), I finally gave up and mailed it in on paper.

EFiled 1040Xs arent processed any faster than mailed in ones you just save the mailing/sorting time. 

If its a simple return you might want to start over from scratch with a new file name, but if its complex, cut your time losses now and just mail it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

@Just-Lisa-Now- Don't know for sure, as I never have had a amend rejected. Could you just rename it by adding "2" to the end of file name ?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I tried everything I could think of, it does something to the imbedded EF record and I just couldn't trick it into recognizing it as an amended return to be Efiled anymore....its not often I give up and let the program win!  LOL  I finally had to give up, admit defeat and just mail it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
bmzanetti
Level 2

Tried that... didn't work 😞

bmzanetti
Level 2

Tried that... didn't work

0 Cheers