Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alabama Form 8453

dlwrightandco
Level 2

Where do I go to "globally" indicate for Alabama Form 8453 that ERO is also the tax preparer? I have had to manually do this at the beginning of tax season every year in the past but this year both Proseries Customer Service Reps I have asked have been unable to help me. Before, you could check it one time and it applied to all clients. On the form AL 8453 there is a box under the ERO's information where it appears checked and then the preparer's info doesn't print in the section below it.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Intuitjhaze
Intuit Alumni

hey there @dlwrightandco can you share a screenshot where you are experiencing this? Thank you!

0 Cheers
dlwrightandco
Level 2

Not without you telling me how to do it, but if you look at the AL 8453 Part IV look to the right of the arrow under ERO’s Use Only signature area, date area, then you see the “Check if also paid preparer box” there and just to the right is the area for Preparer’s PTIN. (I mistakenly tried to reply to the email sent instead of posting here to your request last week)

0 Cheers
dlwrightandco
Level 2

Is there no one at ProSeries that knows how to fix this issue? I paid over $4000 for this software and no one that works at Proseries can respond with an answer?

0 Cheers