Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I can e-file 2021 returns?

Victor Quiroz
Level 1

It seems to be an error every time I tried to e-file a 2021 return but have no problem with 2020 or 2022.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Enter today's date.  Go to the EF center homebase.  When you start the conversion process for e-filing a window should pop up and in that window there should be a box that is checked to indicate error checking during the conversion process.  Uncheck that box and you are ready to roll.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

15 Comments 15
IRonMaN
Level 15

By chance, it wouldn't happen to be an issue with the date you are using, would it?

Slava Ukraini!
Victor Quiroz
Level 1

It says I need to enter a date between 01-01-2022 and 12-31-2022.I have already tried that but didn't work, the use today's date, still didn't work.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Enter today's date.  Go to the EF center homebase.  When you start the conversion process for e-filing a window should pop up and in that window there should be a box that is checked to indicate error checking during the conversion process.  Uncheck that box and you are ready to roll.

Slava Ukraini!
IOpine
Level 1

Helpdesk provided directions to clear checkbox under "Enable Conversion Error Checking" as a bypass.

Victor don't waste your time. It's not going to work.  When the 2021 return is sent to the IRS, the IRS rejects the return asking for a 2023-year date for PIN signature.  The Intuit software mandates a 2022-year date for the PIN signature

Hopefully, Inuit and the IRS will come up with a solution that will allow us to e-file these 2021 returns.

BTW.  The instructions emailed to be under the title "Turning Off Error Checking for Electronic Filing."

Victor, it did not work.

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

@IRonMaN Probably be easier to have the a copy/paste post or link handy for the next 25,621 posts about this. Solved!

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
IRonMaN
Level 15

I think I’m done answering these.  This isn’t the first time someone has posted that the process doesn’t work.  Of course they either don’t read the complete suggestion or else they just don’t comprehend what they are being told.  You might be able to try to teach a man to fish but if they keep missing the part that you need line on the reel, there really isn’t much more you can do for them.

Slava Ukraini!
IOpine
Level 1

IRonMan has the solution!  However, allow me to elaborate.  You will need to enter a 2023 date and ignore the software assessment that this is an error.

You will submit the return with this supposedly 1 error.  But do not submit until you clear the checkbox for "Error Checking for Electronic Filing."

When I informed the Helpdesk that that I used a 12/27/2022 PIN date, they mistakenly said that this was correct.  It was not.

IRonMan correctly identified this as the problem, and you will have to get the software to "overlook" the 2023 date by disabling the "Error Checking for Electronic filing

0 Cheers
KK16
Level 3

Thank you Ironman!   I posted on 1-27 about the same issue not being able to e-file 2021 returns.  I did exactly what you said to do and I was able to e-file a couple of 2021 returns and they were accepted.

Appreciate you!

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm glad you got it working 👍

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
BC2
Level 2

Yes, it worked! Thank you IronMaN

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
thgtax
Level 1

I really appreciate people like IronMan and IOpine trying to help others.  I have ProSeries Basic Edition.  I'm also unable to e-file 2021 tax returns.  I've read your solutions but I can't find where to go to clear the checkbox for "Error Checking for Electronic Filing".  I've looked thru all of my options and don't see where this CHECKBOX is located.  Any help would be really appreciated.  Thank you.  

0 Cheers
sewcpa
Level 5

Some folks efile from within the return while others go to the efile homebase view and select a return to transmit. 

You must save and exit the client file and go to efile homebase to get the option to disable Intuit's error checking.

Good luck

thgtax
Level 1

That worked!  I've never done it thru homebase.  Thank you very much!!

phillylisa
Level 2

Thank you!!!

0 Cheers