Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Required: Update Software on Prior Years

gammoncs
Level 3

I did not see an answer to my question so I will ask it here.  I got the email about making sure that all of my Intuit software versions all the way back to 2016 had a valid version installed.  Per the instructions, I started with my 2022 software, launched the software, checked the version and updated it if needed.  This process worked until I got to my 2019 software.  This software would not launch.  In other words, I would get the Intuit logo screen that showed what year software I was trying to launch but I would never get the sign on screen.  I have the same issue with my 2018, 2017, and 2016 software versions.  Is this normal or is there something else that I need to do.  Granted, there is not a big possibility that I will need these past years but I would like to be able to launch these older version if needed.  According to the email, I have until 01/2024 to get valid versions loaded so I wanted to get this resolved now before tax season starts getting wound up.

Thanks.

Danny Gammon

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

You can update without launching. Then possibly it will open.

Go to the windows app list.

Scroll down to Proseries 2019 and click which should bring up a subscreen with several options

click on "Proseries Update"

That might work.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
TaxMom12
Level 3

I'm experiencing the same problem with Lacerte 2016 & 2017. It is not launching the sign in screen. I hope someone from Intuit responds to this thread. 

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

You can update without launching. Then possibly it will open.

Go to the windows app list.

Scroll down to Proseries 2019 and click which should bring up a subscreen with several options

click on "Proseries Update"

That might work.

gammoncs
Level 3

Yes this worked.  I was able to update each of the four years/versions that I was having a problem with and after the update completed, I was able to launch each of these years/versions.  Thank you for your response.

Danny Gammon