Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to past years programs

DCI
Level 3

When attempting to launch past years' programs (2019 and older) I get the message "You'll need to update your software to access your Intuit Account here. Learn how",  only to then be told that "Intuit does not support this browser". 

I presume it is referring to Explorer, as it suggests that I download other browsers that I already have. 

Any suggestions on how I can get past this point? Thanks

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DCI
Level 3
11 Comments 11
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Seems that you need to change your default browser to something other than explorer. I use chrome, and rarely have issues

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

Did you really not see the daily Alerts from Intuit? Or the yellow highlight bar at the top of every program?  If not, get in the habit of doing so.  It'll make your life a lot easier. You can also go to Information, View Alerts from the Menu Bar.

Rick1725
Level 3

That's a pretty snotty answer.

DCI
Level 3

I updated the returns from the Windows menu, as per this article -  it worked

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/update-products/update-proseries-software/L...

Greta
Level 9

I just asked the same question, my apology. I use Firefox, not Explorer.

0 Cheers
Neil CPA
Level 1

Does anyone know how to solve this issue for Lacerte?

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Update the program via WebSetUp for each year.  You can find this by going to "windows" > programs > Lacerte > then the year in question.

If you don't have WebSetUp - you can download it from "myaccount" at Intuit.

Lacerte Tool Hub might also work, but I'm not sure how far back in time it goes; I've only used it for the last two years.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
TBass
Level 1

@Rick1725, thank you for saying that! I rarely participate in "help" boards for that exact reason. I had the same problem starting yesterday, so am glad somebody was willing to post what helped for them. We've moved to another state over the last 30 days, and have had to deal with moving company fraud (major issue), messed up truck reservations when we decided to move ourselves, etc. This is no one's fault, just life. Upon trying to open the 2017 program, I started having issues, so it wasn't a matter of not reading the alerts as this person might assume, it was a matter of missing a segment of activity that I had no idea had happened already. My point? It's not necessarily about not reading the alerts, or someone being lazy.....life is always in progress, and we very seldom know a "poster's" individual situation; so just providing the best answer you're able to is the most helpful thing you can do. Criticizing people doesn't solve the problem. Sorry for the long reply, but my frustration with solving this over the last 24 hours is not sitting well with me.

TBass
Level 1

@DCI, Thank you for the helpful information, it worked! 

abctax55
Level 15

Lacerte Login error: "You’ll need to update your software to access your Intuit Account here" Learn More

You don't have to be in the software to see this alert at the top of the Forum.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Roz1
Level 3

Thank you!! I had the same issue.

0 Cheers