Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted e-filed returns not disappearing from the pending homebase screen to Accepted screen.

DDCPA
Level 1

I have three returns filed and accepted by the IRS (I verified on IRS website), but they don't transfer to the Accepted screen of the E-File homebase.  Anyone else?

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
dkh
Level 15

Try this... go the EF Center - highlight the return(s) then go to   E-File>Electronic Filing>Update Acknowledgment Status  (not Receive Acknowledgment) 

See what happens

DDCPA
Level 1

I think everyone knows how to do that.  It just says "Accepted" over and over, but won't populate on the Accepted tab and homebase screen.  

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Some do not know that using the Update Acknowledgment Status option will work differently than Receive Acknowledgment Status

There have been many posts regarding acknowledgments being "stuck".  My suggestion to you has helped others.  Sorry it wasn't of any help to you.

Good luck

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

whats the EF Status it shows in the Pending Tab? 

If it was an extension, and you open that file after its accepted, it will pop back out into the Pending Tab again.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
DDCPA
Level 1

Update E-File Status.  Then, I click it and it says accepted.  Then, back to "Update E-File Status"...

0 Cheers