Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8915-F

NumberMan
Level 2

Has anyone run into the problem with a repayment of 1/3 of the deferred 2020 retirement distribution is the only amount showing up on line 5b when there are other current year pension amounts?  In other words, the 1/3 repayment due this year calculated on 8915F is carrying to line 5b but the other pension amounts are not.  It should be adding the 8915F taxable amount  to this years other pensions.  Any suggestions on how this is fixed?

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Youre completing the form wrong.

Open the 8915then mark the 2020 Covid checkbox at the top, then scroll down to Line 12 (non IRA) or 26? (IRA) and input the 1/3 amount of income to carry forward to the front page of the 1040. 

This will auto complete the 8915F and the 1040.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
NumberMan
Level 2

That is exactly what I am doing but the 1/3 is carrying over to the 1040 and over-riding the current year pension

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
it did the same ting to me when I input the $$ on the wrong line of the 8915E, it made it think it was a 2021 disaster distribution....make sure you dont have any $ entered on any of the other lines of the 8915E (not F) besides lines 12 or 26.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
NumberMan
Level 2

That did it, thank you so much.  If you follow the form it has you enter numbers in other lines and that causes the overide

qbteachmt
Level 15

Just to clarify: "with a repayment of 1/3 of the deferred 2020 retirement distribution"

This is not the first or even third time it is being stated backwards. You likely mean, "to report the second of the three taxable income amounts." There is no repayment and no distribution was deferred. Just the reporting of the taxable amount, because the taxpayer did not elect to report the income from the one distribution all in the year of distribution.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers