Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8915-F

gk
Level 5

Good morning,

I don't have form 8915-F in my Pro series program. I have many taxable coronavirus carry over from a 1099r for tax year 2020   I don't know if or when the 8915-F will be available. Is there any guidance you can provide for me? I holding lots of returns. Proseries said the form will be ready by 03/17/22.

GK

18 Comments 18
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Most of the multitude of comments I have seen the last couple of weeks were saying that they were seeing a 3-24 release date, thought there are some mentioning 3-31, I have not seen the 3-17 date listed as a release date, but it may have been at some point.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Many of us are tried of waiting and are using a workaround

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/8915-f-workaround/00/20...

Seems to work fine, I sent one in that had an 11k refund and didnt want to wait (who could blame them!) and she had her refund in less than 2 weeks.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Holy Crap?! Really?

I cant believe Intuit is dragging their collective a$$e$ on this. I do believe Thompson Reuters (UT) has theirs up and running and has for some time. 

Intuit shouldn't really claim leaders in the tax industry. That would be false advertising.  

JonathanV
Level 3

The software is now bringing the amount forward from the previous year and putting it on 8915E.

I just noticed this morning. Anyone else noticed?

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Really?

0 Cheers
gk
Level 5

i dont see

0 Cheers
JonathanV
Level 3

Mine is carrying the amount over, I deleted the client and transferred over again and 1/3 of the amount appears. But why 8915E?

0 Cheers
gk
Level 5

i see that after updating the software, however the form says "do not file"

0 Cheers
gk
Level 5

true. we need 8915-F

0 Cheers
lucrecia
Level 4

Same here🤔

0 Cheers
lucrecia
Level 4

Your right yes it did. I just realized that too!....OMG the client is paying more!!!😩

0 Cheers
lucrecia
Level 4

My client was getting a refund over 6000 now no more. Theyre paying now! This qualified disaster is truly a Disaster!

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Choices have consequences....

Buddy71
Level 2

I am also waiting on Form 8915-F.  I'm about tired of waiting.  I will be looking for alternative tax software for next year.  Why does Intuit not send out a notice on this form?  I'm done with ProSeries!!!!!

rcooley25
Level 11

That makes 2 of us. I have not seen March 17th as a date anywhere.

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

I just spot checked on a couple of my returns that I am holding up and I saw no indication of what you are talking about happening.

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

I am conteplating changing also but I want  to wait and see what other problems exist in other software. SUre they have 8915F up and running and Intuit does not but are there other problems with them that Intuit does not have. As irritating as all of this is I think it woud be a good idea to keep our cool until after this tax season ends and then do some reaserch on the other software.

lucrecia
Level 4

You might have to retransfer those returns to get that split amount

0 Cheers