Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 proseries professional release date 11/11/21 vs alert advice for 11/18/21

ljr
Level 8

Good morning all, I thought the week of 11/8 just didn't seem right considering prior release dates. Today's notice say to install but only to client organizer then you should wait until the 11/18 release to transfer files. The only reason I transfer files upon release it to get the client checklists which I send with their year end letters. I've never used the organizer - so my question to those who do - how is it compared to the client checklist? I guess I'm waiting until next week.

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I never transfer client files in until January, been bitten by the early release transfer bugs too many times in the past.

FWIW, I did install 2021 this morning, and was able to open it and transfer some dummy sample files in to goof around with (Sch C has some new lines and Sch 1 is 2 pages long now!)....but now Im trying to open the program after closing it and all I get is a splash screen that closes, no log in screen....so yea, waiting for the next release might not be too bad of an idea.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The organizers cost extra $ unless theyre included in the package you buy...so thats a big difference. 

Lots of pages so your postage would be more expensive as well.

Id wait for the 11/18 release for the checklist, its only a week away.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
ljr
Level 8

Thanks Lisa, I didn't spend the money for the organizer. Network price is high enough. So I will just wait until the 18th.