Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Federal Amend not ready

ptax255
Level 5

Hi, I am trying to e-file 2020 federal amendments, but it says Federal is ready, but Federal Amend not ready. I did not e-file these 2020 original returns, but I checked the e-file box, then checked e-file amendment and checked Original return was e-file successfully. I thought for 2020 we could e-file returns that were not originally e-filed by us? Am I missing something?

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Are you in the 2020 program or 2021?

ptax255
Level 5

2020 Proseries Basic

0 Cheers
ptax255
Level 5

And I have e-filed 2020 amendments before (around summer time). Now I can't seem to be able to.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Have you updated 2020 recently?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
ptax255
Level 5

Yes, I did today and re-tried. Same thing. Btw, since the latest windows update it takes a good 3min for 2020 Proseries to open up after logging in. 2021 is working fine.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Did you run through REVIEW and see if the diagnostics reveal anything?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
ptax255
Level 5

Yes, no errors.

0 Cheers
ptax255
Level 5

After an hour and a half on the phone with support, they fixed this issue, but now can't submit because of another error that wasn't there before. "One of the selected returns/extension has an invalid ERO's EFIN, lease correct the EFIN and rettry. They couldn't figure it out unless I stayed on the phone further with them. Anyone has any idea. Firm Info and ERO Info  has EFIN in there.

0 Cheers