Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 Proseries individual - new license free product download not working

JJV
Level 3

So Microsoft deactivated Window explorer and this shut down many of the back years of the Proseries products.  The fix for the year I need - 2017 is to download a version of the 2017 product that will operate on something other than Explorer.  I can download it but it won't activate when I click on the downloaded file. I am following the instructions provided by Proseries support:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/microsoft-ie11-depreca...

the product was working last week - need help asap.

Thank you!

JV

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
JJV
Level 3

DHK,

Thank you for your reply.  I broke down and tried Proseries support.  It turned out to be corrupted 2017 proseries program as the directory would not open.  Weird.  Melissa from Missouri walked me through it, and we reinstalled 2017 and restored my data files.  She made it like a walk in the park - one of the best support calls I have witnessed.  Can't give her a 10 rating though because why? Because she deserves an 11!  That good. 

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
dkh
Level 15

So you already have the product downloaded and were using it last week?  Have you tried to do the Repair Update?  My pic shows 2020, you, of course, will chose 2017. Screenshot (15)_LI.jpg

0 Cheers
JJV
Level 3

I ran the 2017 Proseries update and connected customer, no luck.  Also tried moving my cursor over the Proseries 2017 icon and right clicking to properties, then compatibility, then trying running it under an earlier version of Windows - if they only had Windows Explorer as an option!

0 Cheers
JJV
Level 3

Thx DKH - I have been a proseries user since the mid 80s.  I have Proseries from 2015 to date on my desktop and have been able to use them all until I Microsoft did an unplanned upgrade on wed i think it was which means i can access 2019, 2020 and 2021 now.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

I just updated my 2017 and 2018 programs and opened without a problem.   

You don't need to download the program again.... just do the update

9bec3e6f-0d77-471e-89f6-f13ff346935c.jpg

0 Cheers
JJV
Level 3

DHK,

Thank you for your reply.  I broke down and tried Proseries support.  It turned out to be corrupted 2017 proseries program as the directory would not open.  Weird.  Melissa from Missouri walked me through it, and we reinstalled 2017 and restored my data files.  She made it like a walk in the park - one of the best support calls I have witnessed.  Can't give her a 10 rating though because why? Because she deserves an 11!  That good. 

dkh
Level 15

JJV Glad to hear your problem has been resolved. 

Hooray for Melissa from Missouri in PS Customer Support !!