Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS Austin sill not answer phone for past two weeks

TaxLaw
Level 4

Need to have IRS payout clients refund from 2020. The IRS will answer their phone

Who else can I contact?

0 Cheers
12 Comments 12
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If youve got a signed 8821 from the clients, YOU can call into the Practitioner Hotline and speak with someone.  Its hard to get through, even for us tax professionals and the call may or may not yield any results.

How long ago was the return filed?   When you check it on Wheres My Refund, what does it show for the status?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
sjrcpa
Level 15

Wait.

The IRS has announced (IR-2022-128) that it has nearly completed processing the backlog of originally filed individual tax returns received in 2021, noting that as of June 10 it has processed more than 4.5 million of the 4.7 million individual paper returns and most of the returns filed in 2022.

EDIT: If it had unemployment or RRC, wait some more.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Who else can I contact?"

Ghostbusters!

Ok, it won't help with your problem, but it might relieve some stress. 👻

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

As of June 10, 2022, we had 11 million unprocessed individual returns which include returns received before 2022, and new tax year 2021 returns. Of these, 1.9 million returns require error correction or other special handling, and 9.1 million are paper returns waiting to be reviewed and processed

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

IRonMaN
Level 15

I just received this link from our state society:

'Groundhog Day' at IRS: Returns pile up, phone delays worsen | AP News

Slava Ukraini!
TaxLaw
Level 4

Thank You Lisa! The IRS has a major problem making it ours.

'Groundhog Day' at IRS: Returns pile up, phone delays worsen | AP News

So we suffer through and demand interest for longer delays, my client to date 211 days for refund from EF 2020.  Where's My Refund stated in progress.

Dr. Charles Hills

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

It really is Groundhog Day. Jeff (IRonMaN) posted that yesterday.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

https://apnews.com/article/personal-taxes-groundhog-day-congress-f305d84940dcbce994b083595ad20729

Has anybody seen this yet?

Signed - Phil Connors

Sorry, I have to run - I'm late for my piano lessons.

Slava Ukraini!
Taxtime3
Level 3

I have tried the hotline the last couple of days and received please call back later or the next business day.

sjrcpa
Level 15

So does everyone.

Ex-AllStar
TaxLaw
Level 4

The agent (my error for not writing down her ID #) said the 8821 signed will not allow her to provide information only a 4868. THE IRS is no longer reliable. In the military we got an appointment with the IG. Any recommendations to start a solution to the IRS problem?

Thank you LISA this is the third time you have helped with the solution.

RK BALaw
Level 3

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/intuit-practice-management-idea/allow-for-multiple-email-add...

Please upvote the above link!

It has close to 40 votes. I have been informed these upvoted and comments are the only metric IPM uses to make changes! 

0 Cheers