Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 employees working on the same client

texruiz05
Level 1

Hi, If I add hosting to my pro series, can two different employees add data and work on the same client? (not simultaneously) just if one is not available, someone else can sign in on their computer and finish the return?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

If you use the network version you should be able to do it… if you have PS on 2 devices (i.e. a workstation and laptop within the single user license) as long as they are both accessing the SAME data file you can have someone else do the efiling, etc. 

But to answer your question, hosting should certainly work… it’s a different environment and cost structure… you should definitely speak with a rep and ask a ton of questions before you change 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

If you use the network version you should be able to do it… if you have PS on 2 devices (i.e. a workstation and laptop within the single user license) as long as they are both accessing the SAME data file you can have someone else do the efiling, etc. 

But to answer your question, hosting should certainly work… it’s a different environment and cost structure… you should definitely speak with a rep and ask a ton of questions before you change 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
texruiz05
Level 1

THANKS

0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

Also remember that only one of the preparers can be indicated on the return. So the question I ask is...who is going to be paid for the prep?