Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1120S -- transfer PY data after CY return is authorized and extension is filed

sabatini
Level 3

I'm wondering if there is a solution for this -- I attempted to talk to support this morning and wasn't able to get an answer.

I have a 2021 1120S that is not complete, and will ultimately have a large number of fixed asset records.  The 2022 1120S is due today, so I need to file an extension.  I'm wondering if there's any way to transfer the 2021 data (after the return is finished) to the 2022 file where the return has been authorized, and the extension filed?

I ran across this discussion that indicates there is s solution, but the file is no longer present in the post.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/is-there-a-way-to-trans...

Thanks in advance!

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
dkh
Level 15

If the 1120S works like the 1040 - yes.   I recommend backing up the 2022 file - then delete file.  Retransfer the file,  mark the extension box (on Information Worksheet and 7004),  go to EFile center, select Update Acknowledgment Status

it should then pull the extension info

but I think you will lose your PPR authorization.   Possible support can override ..... ? .....

0 Cheers
sabatini
Level 3

Thanks for the reply.  I'll give this a shot when the time comes, and then likely reach out to support as I'm sure I'll lose the authorization associated with the file/return.

0 Cheers