Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1120 M-2 Other Increases

MelanieR53
Level 3

Our 1120 M-2 automatically populates Line 3 "Other Increases" with the words "DIVIDENDS" and the amount of Distributions. This is obviously not an Increase but a Decrease. We've been overriding it and deleting it out, but is there a way to make it quit doing this and populate the "Other Decrease" line instead? 

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

I agree that it is likely some of the line designations you have made for importing.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

What tax year returns are you processing?

MelanieR53
Level 3

I am wondering if it has something to do with the way we import it from our accounting software. Otherwise, how would ProSeries know what the distributions are in the first place. (We don't manually enter distributions)

I override it at my workstation, but when my boss reviews it at his workstation, my override doesn't save and the M2 is wrong and the Balance Sheet is out of balance. This frustrates us both because he thinks I'm doing something wrong! 

IRonMaN
Level 15

When you import numbers, you tell the accounting software where the numbers are going to go in the tax software.  So they are just going where they were told to go.

Slava Ukraini!
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

I agree that it is likely some of the line designations you have made for importing.