Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting "Send Email Error" when I try to send a client checklist in Proseries 2019. It worked in 2018 but now when I try out of the 2018 software it no longer works.

cathybcpa
Level 3

It says to make Outlook my default and I verified that it is.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14
are you sure you have outlook that proseries needs. there are two outlook emails out there, a free one at outlook.com, and an outlook that is in Microsoft office, and that is the one you need. You have to purchase it from Microsoft, not free
0 Cheers
cathybcpa
Level 3
Thanks for your response. I do have the purchased version from Microsoft. I got a new computer so I'm wondering if that is the cause.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Cathy seems to enjoy many posts for one topic. I think this is finally resolved at https://accountants-community.intuit.com/questions/1905859-i-am-not-able-to-send-batch-emails-using-... and hence I will close this thread. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
SmartTax
Level 1

This might help others:

I recently updated my computer and my Microsoft Suite.  I use Outlook as my email default.  The new version only comes in 64 bit.  For tax years 2018 and 2019 there is a checkbox that must be checked in order to email encrypted returns to clients.

From the top menu select Tools. Select Options. At the bottom right check the box that says 64bit under email options.

Jsyrus
Level 2

This worked for me after getting a new computer. Thank you!

0 Cheers