Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099-s

SWD2012
Level 3

Hello! TP has a "1099-s Proceeds from real estate transactions" from an inheritance. It was divided between 11 family members. Can someone help me. I have tried to put it in  the where do I find, but  nothing turns up.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Use the 1099B worksheet, (Quick zoom button at the top of Sch D)  just skip over the brokerage info at the top and use the entry tables below. Use Inherited as the Acquired Date, that will automatically make it long term.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Sch D is where you enter sales of inherited real estate. Youre going to need the basis though, they may have to ask whomever helped finalize the estate.

SWD2012
Level 3

When I put in schedule D is says that forms 8949 are automatically based on schedule D. Why will it not let me put in a description? 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Use the 1099B worksheet, (Quick zoom button at the top of Sch D)  just skip over the brokerage info at the top and use the entry tables below. Use Inherited as the Acquired Date, that will automatically make it long term.

SWD2012
Level 3

You are definitely the bomb!!! Of you were here I'd hug you!!! Thank you so much!!😚

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Youre welcome!

0 Cheers