Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099-R Summary - Prints out a page with just a line at the top after Page 2 ?

MariaR
Level 3

Proseries Basic 2022

Has anybody noticed this... I just finished a return and I selected to include "Forms 1099-R Summary" in the print copy. Well, as I was looking it over, after Page 2, it included a blank page but it has a line at the top of the page - almost as if it's part of Page 2 at the bottom but it got printed on an additional page?

Screenshot 2023-02-14 042512.png

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
dascpa
Level 11

Does the same thing in PS Professional.  Annoying, but in the scope of PS issues, I can deal with this one.

dkh
Level 15

Yes, I noticed too. What a waste of paper.  Obviously, no one doing programming actually prints reports.

I also have an issue with spacing on the Federal Information Sheet.  Not enough space between name, soc security number, occupation, DOB........looks like a poorly done homemade template 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Just out of curiosity why are you printing the 1099R summaries and the information worksheets?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

I print the 1099R summary then attach the 1099R  - one for me; one for client

I do the same with W2 Summary

I'm old school.... I like papers instead of scanning 

IRonMaN
Level 15

I like papers too, but not that many.  Unless someone has a bundle of W-2s or 1099Rs, I don't print them since I already have the originals photocopied in my file.  I'll print if there are mass quantities of the forms just to make reviewing the return easier.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

I only print the Client Copy and I give certain worksheets to clients (1099-R, Soc Sec calc, etc.) so they can easily check my numbers.  I could be like H&R Block and give 450 page tax returns.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"so they can easily check my numbers"

You have clients that actually do that? 😉

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
MariaR
Level 3

I print the 1099R summary for "specific" clients only... because we all have that one special client [smile]