Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return shows accepted in Proseries Professional - IRS does not show it as efiled

yourtaxtoday
Level 1

I e-filed a 2019 return on April 18, 2020.  I got accepted confirmations both from state and federal return in the ProSeries Professional program.  Three weeks later the state issued a refund.  However, I am not able to get a refund status in the IRS website for this return.  In addition, I called the IRS and they said they do not see any federal return filed for this person in 2019.  They say they did not receive the file or they cannot see it. What could have happened? How can this be addressed? The program still shows that this return was accepted in April 18.  Thank you in advance

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

When you called IRS, what did they tell you to do?

If you highlight the returns in the EFCenter then choose Update Acknowledgements of Selected Returns (not the regular Receive Acks) does it come back with the accepted acknowledgement again?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
yourtaxtoday
Level 1

They told me that they don't know if it is that they don't have the file, or the file is stuck in their system.  They said I could wait until the end of June.  I rather solve the issue faster as this is return contains a large refund.

0 Cheers
yourtaxtoday
Level 1

To answer the second part of your question, it comes back with the same acceptance information

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I had one that the Wheres My Refund site took along time for it to show as received...just kept saying that they had no record of it (accepted Feb 18th), finally near the end of March (or maybe it was the beginning of April) it showed up as In Processing...and he got a letter telling him they needed an additional 60 days....he finally got his refund last week....they never asked for any extra info from him.

So its been about 6-7 weeks for that one you've got, I'm guessing something will happen in the next week or two.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
yourtaxtoday
Level 1

Thank you  for your response.  I will keep checking.

0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

There should be a submission ID on the 8879 and the 9325. If that number is missing, then you have a problem. If it's got the ID number, then you are just waiting on the IRS systems to post it to the "Where's My Refund" screen and sometimes the info is posted incorrectly or missing entirely.

yourtaxtoday
Level 1

I do have a submission number and it is the same in both forms 8879 and 9325. Hopefully, this is just a matter of time.  Thank you for the information. Very Helpful.

0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

You're welcome and welcome to the waiting game. This is a rough year for all concerned.