Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are there two files for each client in "19Data"? One has a "cache" extension.

meinfeldt
Level 2

What is the  significance of the  "cache" extension in the data folder for each client?  This must be something new for '19. 

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Ernie
Level 9

Great question.  We users just like you and do not have access to that information.  I would contact Support at eight hundred 434 6818.

This forum is not for only Professionals or those who use Intuit products.  The answers you receive may have been provided by someone with no experience – maybe someone who uses H&R Block software.  Who knows.

IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @meinfeldt , 

There have been some improvements to the home base this year.  The cache files are commonly used to speed up the loading of recently viewed data.

Cheers!

-Betty Jo 

0 Cheers
tax
Level 1

If we have to move PROSERIES files from 19data FOLDER from a PC to laptop, should we move the .CACHE files also?

0 Cheers
Roula
Level 1

Hi Tax, Has anyone answered this question? I have the same thought so was wondering. Thanks!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If you use BackUp/Restore Clients from within Pro Series, it should give you everything that needed, and yes the cache files will copy as well and any PPR info gets retained this way also.  Looks like an EXM file gets copied too, not sure whats in there, but using Backup/Restore seems like the best option for this.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
musiccity
Level 1

The question was avoided again!  When moving a client tax data file, is it required to also move the cache file too??

Example:

I move only a single clients data file to work at home.  I'm not running a backup.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Doesnt look like the cache file is needed.  I go and pluck client files from my cloud backup when Im at home and only grab the 1 client file.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers