Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So, in the midst of this pandemic, I have moved my office

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

So, in the midst of this pandemic, I have moved my office, just up the road into a new building. I know I need to update my firm address in ProSeries, but I don't think I can do that til I update with e-services. So I logged on to e-services and  got to the place where I can update my firm address...but got to wondering what the timeline is like to update that address, then print off the .pdf to send to Inuit to get it changed in ProSeries.  Should I just wait a few months til employees are back at IRS to attempt this? Don't want to disrupt my ability to e-file for the next few months. I live in a small town, so the delivery lady still gonna bring be my regular mail from the old address no matter what...

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Cant you just make the edit them print out the application summary? or do you need to wait for some kind of confirmation and approval?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

that's kinda what I don't know.....never moved before..was hoping someone who had made this journey  would respond with words of wisdom..

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

I'm doing the same thing, but I won't make any formal changes until e-services are up and running and I have all 2019 returns filed. Too risky if it doesn't go smoothly and there's no one to contact at the IRS, IMHO.

Let us know if you do move forward sooner and what you encountered, which will hopefully be nothing, but it is the IRS. Thanks.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Don't tempt the gods.  For now, just pretend you never moved and be really, really nice to the mail lady.  

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

IRS Publication 3112:

Providers must submit updates within thirty days of a change of any information. It is important to provide updates such as, changes to business structure, Principals, Responsible Officials, addresses and telephone numbers and to remove individuals no longer associated with the firm, including deceased individuals. The IRS needs current information to be able to contact Providers and obtain or provide important information.

IRonMaN
Level 15

But that is IRS Publication 3112 Pre COVID.  There currently isn't anyone at the IRS left to contact providers. 😬

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

@IRonMaN 

Nothing to keep them from issuing warnings or worse, when they get back to work. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

They won't have time for that ---------------------------- too many dead people checks to track down.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

4.21.1.4 (08-12-2011)
Referrals
EMCs will receive external referrals by telephone from other providers, tax professionals, and taxpayers as call assistors provide the name and telephone number of the appropriate area EMC to callers wanting to report potential violation of e-file rules.

4.21.1.7 (08-12-2011)
Priority of Visits
Visits should be scheduled in the following order:
Referrals (mandatory for each valid complaint received)

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Bob - have you ever paid close attention to the questions generated in this place?  I think IRS time would be much better spent chasing after some of those preparers instead of hassling competent preparers who are a little delayed in changing addresses after moving a couple of blocks.  CAGMC.

Slava Ukraini!