Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I select to amend an 1120S return I don't receive the popup to copy over the data from the existing return. How do I reset the process to start the amending process?

BDiller
Level 1
I opened the original return and went to other forms / Amend return. When I clicked in the box to Amend I didn't receive the popup to copy the return and copy the data to the 1120S-X. So I don't see an 1120S-X after entering the changes and I don't see an 1120S-X in the forms.
When I check the state there is a 100X but it didn't copy over the existing return data.
0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

There exists no such thing as an 1120S-X. If you look at the 1120S, the "amended" box (Item H (4)) at the top of page 1 will be checked.

There are a couple of places to make entries explaining what changes are being made on the amended return. My recollection is that you make one set of entries to generate the notation that prints, and a second (mostly identical) set of entries to generate the amended e-file.