Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still Unable to E-File NY Trust (Fiduciary Returns)?

Tax14
Level 2

I get an e-file transmission error when I click "e-file now." Is anyone else having this issue? I've called ProConnect twice and they can't provide any information. They just say that they are "waiting on NYS" - even though the forms have been final for some time now. So that's not true. Tomorrow is April 1st. This is unacceptable! 

6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

You can keep up to date on availability at https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/electronic-filing/2021-proconnect-tax-e-fil...

The same chart for Lacerte shows 3/23, so ProConnect should be ready soon. You know NY has been busy lately, maybe approving software has not been high on their TODO list. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
ddayan15
Level 1

Having the same issue and no one can give me any answers. I can't even e-file extensions.

skaplan1
Level 2

You can add me to this list as well.  Very frustrating, with no answers.  There is no logical reason.  No other software package has this issue, and Lacerte had this resolved more than a week ago.  NY is a pretty major state to have this unresolved (and at this point every state should be good).

DeSantoTaxPrep
Level 1

I'm having this same issue. I have contacted ProConnect support 4 times since the beginning of March about this. The article still shows "TBD" next to NY as of 4/3/23. These returns MUST be e-filed, we have no choice but to do so.

Tax14
Level 2

@ProConnectHelp Can you please help us? This is crazy!

MPGCPA444
Level 3

I totally agree with all of you, it's completely ridiculous that we are in April and we still can't e-file these NYS trust returns.  We need answers, because if they can't straighten this out, we will either have to file paper extensions or change to paper filing, which is time consuming because you have to get a hold of your clients to do either, and NYS mandates we e-file, so we have to fill out the exception paperwork, and get signatures from your clients to mail them in, not to mention postage costs...all of this time and added expenses come out of our pockets!  Is ProConnect going to reimburse us for all that?  Doubtful!  I will change to a non-Intuit software next season if they don't resolve this immediately!