Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State and Local Taxes

Anyone else questioning the state and local tax rate computation?  It doesn't appear to be computing the local tax rate.  When I use the IRS Sales Tax Deduction calculator, I come up with $1,583 for a family of 4 in TX with wages of $108,442.  In ProConnect, it is only giving a line 5a amount of $1,199. 

When I actually enter the local tax rate of .02 as an override, then line 5a does compute correctly with an amount of $1,583. I didn't think we had to enter/override the local tax rate, it should compute this automatically based on address and zip code? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
itonewbie
Level 15

I don't disagree with you it could be automated.  But Intuit apparently does not feel it necessary to commit a substantial amount of resources building and maintaining a local sales tax database that covers the entire nation.  Until it does, users should double check these numbers as we do with other parts of the return.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar