Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So frustrated with customer service

Linda2France
Level 2

This year, I have lost more hours trying to resolve either a glitch in the programming (such as not being able to efile a SC return with a foreign address), links that don't work, links that send you to the wrong place....

Proconnect has become too expensive because there is not an option to purchase based on quantity but only on per return.  If I am wrong, I need to know. 

To the community... has anyone found an alternative?

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Lacerte works essentially the same as ProConnect, and offers bundle pricing. The standard bundle is 200 Federal 1040 returns, with the breakeven a little under 100 returns. 

puravidapto
Level 7

I discovered that the pro-connect support follow the model of turbotax support, i.e. they can answer the input question such as where to enter name and address, etc, but they cannot answer any in-depth questions, nor can log the issue in a case to be escalated. Their typical lines are:

1 - Our software is written according to the tax law, so it is correct even it is not, if you argue, they would say:
2 - I am not a tax preparer, I cannot answer tax questions even though it is not a tax question or it is a very a common sense issue
3 - Ask you to post on the idea board as if it is community supported freeware, and to resolve a problem is an idea

I think the problem is fundamental due to:

(a) the company also sells turbo tax for end users. If you have one client for which you pay $20, they will lose a sale on turbotax which costs $70.
(b) they also have a full service at https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/live/ , which directly compete with us.

To change the above situations, the company needs to be split into three: (1) software for end users; (2) professional service; (3) software for professionals.

To solve the problem, please click the link in my signature, and vote for the idea to improve pro-connect support, when the idea gets enough votes, the company is forced to reply. 

--
Click this link to vote. Like many good things in life, we have to fight for them.
0 Cheers