Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule A box 8 checkbox

PJHocevar
Level 2

The box on line 8 on Schedule A is checked, even though I didn't check this box on the input screen for mort interest.  The taxpayer does use the loan for his primary home. I can't seem to figure how to uncheck the box.  

The box being checked doesn't impact the interest being deducted but it's not accurate and not sure if that will have any other implications being checked for the taxpayer in the future. 

Thanks!
Pam 

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

Check your input. Right above where you entered the interest is a check box. You likely checked it by misteak.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
PJHocevar
Level 2

I tripled checked-the box is not checked on the input screen. 

Thanks!

George4Tacks
Level 15

Sometimes little gremlin sneak in and drop random ASCII codes into the program. Delete all of the home interest deduction. Exit the client. Go back in and view the Schedule A. If the check is gone, then re enter the interest deduction and cross your fingers. All else fails CALL SUPPORT. 

(800) 200-7599             https://accountants.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/intuit-account-settings/contact-proconnect...

This is the image I had to copy soPTG_PTO_phone-csts.png did not get translated when I post. Something is weird with the number. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns