Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am an accounting instructor starting to use this for class. How can you get the program to populate a 1040-SR instead of a 1040? The birthdate input qualifies for SR.

Is there an override to force it. I thought putting in the birthdate would populate a 1040-SR automatically.
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

The SR is primarily for use by self prepared returns. For professionals, it is a waste of pixels (or maybe even, heaven forbid,  PAPER!)

If you really want the 1040 SR you must do an override.

Capture.JPG

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
George4Tacks
Level 15

The SR is primarily for use by self prepared returns. For professionals, it is a waste of pixels (or maybe even, heaven forbid,  PAPER!)

If you really want the 1040 SR you must do an override.

Capture.JPG

PATAX
Level 15

What is a 1040-SR??? 😉

Thank you. That was very helpful. It is required for the problem my students are doing in their textbook and I wanted to make sure I could figure it out and guide them.

George4Tacks
Level 15
A waste of paper. Another "modernization" of the IRS to make life easier for it's participants in this great game of taxation.

The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

2 pages of giant print. I thought ProSeries had a box on the Federal Worksheet that could be checked to generate that form choice. It could also be buried somewhere in the account set-up pages.

PATAX
Level 15

Thanks a million, and all this time I thought it was a return for someone who immigrated from the Slovak Republic! Man am I getting dumb. Going to have to go back on tick tock.

George4Tacks
Level 15

@PATAX Before you can go back on that thing, you do need to lern how ta spel it. 

PATAX
Level 15

Actually it was Google Voice that spelled it. So they must be getting stupid too. IronMan might be right, it could be global warming is frying brains and computer circuits!