Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-File Transmission Error

TaxesTech
Level 4
Individual 2020 Return.  No critical diagnostic alert shown - E- file transmission failure.  
The error message read: "Please check and re-upload following file list, as it seems following file(s) are corrupt or not available now: 1-Form1040.pdf,2-Form1040.pdf".  I cannot figure out how to fix this.  

The ProConnect Online auto-corrected my client's SSN.  The SSN grayed out and not available for edit.  Then I followed the solution to copy the 2020 return, correct the SSN, and submitted the refund request, then E-File the new return.  I did not delete the original return as the original return name was submitted as part of the refund requests, so I think some one will need to look at it.  

I do not understand what to do to file the new return with the SSN fixed.  Please help.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitRebecca

It sounds like you may have had PDFs uploaded on the return, and when you made the copy to correct the SSN, the PDFs didn't get copied.

To resolve this: 

1. Go to Electronic FIling > e-file PDF/Miscellaneous.
  2. Click the "e-file Attachment" link at the top right.
  3. Click the "X" to delete the tab(s) where you have documents showing as uploaded.
  4. Re-attach the PDFs on this screen.

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 4.16.53 PM.png

- Rebecca

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
IntuitBoris
Employee
Employee

Are you getting these errors filing a new return?  Was the initial return accepted?

0 Cheers
TaxesTech
Level 4

Yes I am getting this error message filing an new return.  The initial return was rejected due to ProConnect tax software auto-corrected SSN and grayed it out, thus not for edit.  I followed the below instruction to correct the SSN and was trying to file the copied return and got the E-File Transmission Failure notice.  

SSN or EIN appears grayed out and can't be changed

Why can't I edit the SSN or EIN?

ProConnect Tax locks in the tax identification number (social security number or employer identification number) on your return at the time you purchase it. The program will prompt you to purchase credits or use a credit the first time you e-file or print from the return. Partial printing, generating a PDF, or e-filing an extension will all require you to use a credit if you have not already purchased the client's return.

How do I change the SNN or EIN when it's grayed out?
  1. Click the Return actions button, and select Copy Return.
  2. From the Tax Returns list, open the new copy.
    Alphalinked_0-1621280839409.gif

3. Go to the Client Information screen and edit the SSN or EIN.
  4. When you print or e-file from the copy, you'll be prompted to use or purchase an additional credit.
  5. Submit a refund request here for the duplicate charge.

Refunds and credits for tax ID corrections are reviewed individually and limited to 5 per account, per tax year.