Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I amend multiple state returns in an individual return? The screen just allows me to choose one state to amend.

SYBK
Level 1

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
MHoytCPA
Level 1

Any update on this? I'm trying to get CA and NY to print but only can get one state!

0 Cheers
GedeonCPA
Level 1

I just had the same issue, and spent an hour with ProConnect support. They were stumped, too, but finally figured out something that worked:

In the box that says "1=amending state return", put a 2, then click the plus sign that magically appears to add another state. So simple ... Ha.

entitled tax
Level 1

I tried to add multiple states to the amendment as directed above. It didn't work, please advise.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

1 -  Click the box with the 1 in it to make the + sign show up. 

1040x pick another.jpg

2. Click the + to get this next input screen to pop up.

Add States.png

3. Add states (as many as you want or need) with a 1 and a code for the state from the drop down. 

4. In the 1st image you should see tabs (State & Local) Explanation of Chan... Click State and local and you should have each state input laid out to show necessary input. ... Click Explan... and give the detail for reasons of changes

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns