Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProConnect puts form 1099-B entries on Form 8949 with the (F) code for LT transactions w/basis NOT reported but the entries are coded correctly for (D) with blank. Help?

rabarton01
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

You are correct on the coding, I responded incorrectly. How many entries do you have? Do they all show incorrectly? If it is just one or two that show incorrectly, I would delete them and re-enter.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

Are you sure you coded them correctly? Use a 1 for BASIS RPTD,  a will create the code F.

A code 1 means the BASIS was not reported on the 1099B.

A code 2 means it was not even on the 1099B. 

0 Cheers
rabarton01
Level 2

I leave it blank in response to the code list. That says that they are on the 1099 and reported to the IRS which is the correct selection. But that is not what the form 8949 shows. Putting in 1 does not solve it either. This is annoying.

0 Cheers
rabarton01
Level 2

BASIS RPTD: BLANK=TO IRS, 1=NOT TO IRS, 2=NOT ON 1099-B

The above is why I leave it blank since they are all reported. But  they are still coded with (F) as not on 1099B. 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

You are correct on the coding, I responded incorrectly. How many entries do you have? Do they all show incorrectly? If it is just one or two that show incorrectly, I would delete them and re-enter.

rabarton01
Level 2

15 Entries. 3 are coded correctly; One short term is incorrect; 9 LT are incorrect. I will try your suggestion, but this years version of the software is real buggy. Not sure why there are no other complaints. 

0 Cheers
rabarton01
Level 2

It seems to be working. The entries are being redirected to the correct codes now that I delete and renter each one. Tedious but is saving me the extra time to investigate. Thank you very much.