Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previous year purchased & E-Filed Return now wants me to purchase to print & says I didn't e-file

nolaestrella
Level 1

I e-filed a return for a 1120s client in 2018 for 2018, on time (March).  The client was given a complete print out copy and I have a submission ID for a successful E-file on my dashboard.  However, one of the partners called requesting another copy of his K1 for 2018.  I open the return, click to print and now it wants me to purchase the return again and says inside the return that it hasn't been efiled.

I thought maybe it was a fluke internet connection or one time issue; so I came back to it today and the same issue exist.  Thoughts?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
itonewbie
Level 15

What this tells me is that this return is not the one you efiled. Otherwise, the EFILE STATUS for this return on the Tax Returns dashboard will show Accepted and you will be able to access the E-File Confirmation Letter either from the dropdown under ACTIONS or within the return.

It appears you had created this as a copy of the return you efiled at some point.  If you still believe this is, indeed, the return that was efiled, contact Support to have them look into it.

First and foremost, you want to make sure this is the original (or, at least, an exact copy of the) return you efiled.  If something on the Intuit side caused your return to lose the EF status, they should credit your account for the duplicate charge.  Do let us know if that is the case so that others will be aware, given we haven't seen this being reported to date.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar