Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the 2018 Form 2210 available yet, or am I doing something wrong? I'm getting the 'not available for this release' message.

lauratavare
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

IRS is pedaling as fast as they can, but the form is still in draft. PTO will make it available shortly after IRS makes it available. You are not doing anything wrong, other than trying to get a return finished this soon. If you really want to file, do so without the 2210 and IRS will assess based upon filing date and you can send a 2210 in response once the notice arrives. Filing early helps hold the penalty down.

Alternatively, have the client make an extra 1040ES payment now, being sure to mark it for 2018. I would use DirectPay https://directpay.irs.gov/directpay/payment?execution=e1s1

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
George4Tacks
Level 15

IRS is pedaling as fast as they can, but the form is still in draft. PTO will make it available shortly after IRS makes it available. You are not doing anything wrong, other than trying to get a return finished this soon. If you really want to file, do so without the 2210 and IRS will assess based upon filing date and you can send a 2210 in response once the notice arrives. Filing early helps hold the penalty down.

Alternatively, have the client make an extra 1040ES payment now, being sure to mark it for 2018. I would use DirectPay https://directpay.irs.gov/directpay/payment?execution=e1s1

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Probably still working on the 85% waiver.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers